Bkper 2018: year in review
As Bkper grows, we’re constantly evolving our products in a process of listening, observing, analyze and learning about problems people and businesses face and find genuine solutions for their financial data flow.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and feedbacks through our support channel, it has been the most important source to understand and figure out the new features that would really make your daily life easier.
Let’s take a look at all the novelties we introduced in 2018.
With the ability to share a book with your peers came a whole set of collaborative features that made communication within the context of your finance a lot easier and much more comprehensive.
- Comments on books and transactions.
- Email notifications for Comments.
- See who is online on a Book in realtime.
- Tracking transaction creators by username instead of email
- Added Activities for all other resources - Book, Accounts, Groups - and Collaborators
- Business Logo on emails for Business and Professional customers
Financial operations on a daily basis can lead to a lot of unnecessary overhead, working closely together with some of our partners we got to some real time saving features.
- Merge two transactions.
- Drag and Drop to record new transactions.
- Multiple attachments per transaction.
- Record-Only posters receive email notifications.
- Autocomplete on search
- New search commands
G Suite Integrations
As you run your back office on G Suite we want you to be able to do your finance within this context with the tools you already use. Our ongoing effort here is to get to more and more robust add-ons.
- Google Forms Add-on improved recording options.
- Google Sheets highlights and logs for successfully recorded transactions.
- Docs Add-on shutdown as you prefer to report through Google Sheets.
Our NPS score showed a high willingness to indicate Bkper, so we felt that it was important to retribute indications, doubling the number of free transactions with the Bkper Gold plan.
- Referral Program, with Bkper Gold.
Get up and running in minutes
Bookkeeping and accounting by nature require a high level of understanding that many do not have when starting a business and we felt that we could help you cutting down on the learning curve so you could really start very fast. Now templates with sample transactions, let you start in a matter of minutes.
- Templates on dashboard
- New templates webpage
Our mobile apps are currently native apps, very much focussed on the functionality of recording transactions in the easiest possible way. Still we feel that you want to be able to do more with Bkper whilst you are on the go. So this year we have made a first step in our technology stack to move in that direction. For you, the most noticeable of this is the new
- Book Listing we introduced in August.
- Shutdown of Windows phone app.
At the beginning of the year we have gone through a series of security updates Google Partner approving the scope of all the Libraries that we use.
- New authentication login flow.
- Improved security behind attachments.
As an Independent Software Vendor Bkper became a Google Cloud Partner at the beginning of 2018 and in October we entered the new Google Saas initiative Program, reinforcing the importance of our ongoing effort to offer a Global SaaS with high security and availability Standards.
New layout and better connection with our users through Intercom messenger.
- In October we passed the 2M Posted Transactions mark.
- A single user passed the 100K posted Transactions mark.
- A single user passed the 20K posted Transactions per month mark.
- A single user passed the 18 shared users.
- A single user passed 40 active books.
- 56544 Users from more than 100 countries.
Looking forward, we’ll continue to focus on delivering value according to your needs. For the next year you can expect us to work on the following areas.
Automations, rather than just integrations, we foresee automations in a broader scope where you will work with Bots that you control, Input integrations and reporting capabilities. The final scope is hard to predict but Bank feeds and consolidation are ranking high on our backlog.
API, with automations up and running, our API will reach maturity for publication.
Languages, we’ĺl continue our efforts to make Bkper App, Help Center and Templates available in 140 languages so onboarding becomes easier for everyone.
Last, but not least: we wish you an incredible 2019! Count on us to disrupt traditional bookkeeping and offer the best to simplify your financial life.